Sunday, June 20, 2010

Deer

Deer are so beautiful! The dogs at the house I am taking care of woke me up early this morning and when I went outside with them there were deer out there! I saw two young bucks with their horns all soft and velvety, three does and one fawn with little spots all over it! They were a little bit scared of me and didn't want me to get too close. One of the bucks was a little bolder than the rest and he kept on eating when I came up to the fence. He was fatter than the rest, he probably bullies the others and is less scared of people. He seemed like such an arrogant deer that he reminded me of a story I read when I was little. In the story there was a buck who was ashamed of his long skinny legs but loved his beautiful horns. eventually a hunter saw him and thought the same about his horns and started tracking him. As he was running away the buck's horns got caught in a tree and he could not get away. So at the end of his life he was cursing the horns that had brought about his ruin and blessing the legs that would have ensured his safety had his horns not gotten caught.

No comments: