Thursday, June 17, 2010

Working Horses

I Love my job! I am not the best at what I do but I am getting better all the time! (by the grace of God!) I worked three horses today. Two of them were old horses that are already well trained, and one was a middle aged horse that no one ever took the time to teach anything to. First I worked Precious in the round pen. We worked on stopping and turning. I put a bridle on her and we worked on flexing to the left and right and backing up correctly (breaking at the poll and lowering the head). That went well although she needs more work on it. I worked with Sarge in the round pen also. I focused on turning to the right with him because he already knows everything but he is stubborn about turning right. Leo is the oldest and I just jumped on him bareback and rode around campus. We trotted a lot and even loped some. He seemed to feel great and enjoy his workout. Now off to another job.

2 comments:

Marks of Faith said...

Nice! I miss those days. I need you to come get Kate in shape for me. LOL! :) I am afraid she'd do more of a number on me then I would on her at this point.

Glad you are having so much fun. Miss you!

Susanna said...

that would be fun! miss you too!