Thursday, October 15, 2009

Answered Prayer

This afternoon, after I had written down the "my thoughts on psalm 45" in my notebook I got in my truck to go to work. My truck has had something wrong with it for the last month, and I never had time to go anywhere to see what was wrong. The right front wheel seemed to make the whole truck shake and bump like it would if I were driving 45 mph on the ranch road, except it would do that when I was going 30 mph on the pavement. Well it had been getting steadily worse and today it was really bad. I had just read Psalm 45 and realized anew that God was taking care of me so I cried out to him about it. I told Him I couldn't fix it and I needed His help and asked Him fix it for me. Well I called Daddy and asked him what to do and he advised me to take off work in the morning so I could go and get it checked out. So I obeyed my father and told my boss I needed off in morning. I was also planning on skipping my eight o'clock class. I was upset about it when I got to work but I resisted Satan and chose to trust God and got on with teaching. After work I was talking with my coworker about my truck and I knelt down by the left front tire and saw a bunch of metal sticking out of it on the inside. I realized that I would never get home without a blow out so my very nice coworker changed my tire for me. When I started driving home it didn't bump or shake anymore! God answered my prayer and fixed it! I didn't have to spend any money, take off work, or skip class! God fixed my truck within 3 hours of me asking and choosing to rest in Him.

1 comment:

Marks of Faith said...

Praise God for answered prayer! We certainly serve an awesome God! Thanks for sharing this encouraging story.

Love you!