Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Day With Mindy

Yesterday I went riding with Mindy, Ellie, and Halie for the first time in probably about a month. Those of you who know how much I love horses and how adorable Halie and Ellie are can imagine how close to torture it is NOT to ride with them once I had gotten in the habit of it. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon that I called Mindy after spending close to three hours doing homework and she wanted me to go riding. Of course I said yes! I would have said yes even if I had not done my homework; but since I had, I was able to go riding and feel good about the homework! Anyway, we went down to Uncle Larry's land, through cypress creek, over a field, through the creek again, and over another field. Then we went over the creek and through a field; through the creek one last time and down a trail that winds through cypress, oak, and cedar trees onto the lease land. And all the while I have Ellie on in front of me happily crying "watch out tree!", "hi moon!", "Sanna do it!" or my favorite because it sounds soooo cute: "no Sanna!" On the lease land Mindy showed me the prettiest place in the creek bed(which I am not attempting to describe)!. Then we went all the way back over all the fields, through the creek one, two, three, four times and back home. Then I fed the horses with Ellie, who loves to help by carrying a bucket half her size and following me around. After that we went to Mindy's house where we all took a warm bath, ate pizza, and drank hot tea while we reminisced about riding excursions of days gone by.

2 comments:

Bethanie said...

Oh Sanna that sounds so wonderful! :)

Stacy Ann said...

Sounds great! Welcome to blogging. :)